Friday, August 04, 2006

Real Major Hunt

The “Real Deal”, Rafali says he is ready to answer his critics by winning DRM’s 2nd Major of the year at Pantai Mentiri.
RD, just managed to get the cut (10th place) at last months's DRM Tour but remains winless as a DRMer, and has been taken to task for competing in events on the DRM Tour.
But he said: "I don't really care what people say about my game. It's about my expectations, and I expect to win.
"I'm ready for (a first DRM title) now, and I think it's coming."

RD has one runner-up and three times top 10 finishes in the last 7 months. While frustrated that he still does not have a title, yet he is happy with his consistency considering he still holds DRM Gross record of 76.

He said: “If you look at the overall year I feel the best is yet to come”
"Obviously, I wish I could have won a couple of events. But at least I'm not winning one event and then missing the cut in another.
"I am consistently up there and I'm consistently playing good golf."
RD added he is looking forward to the challenge at Pantai Mentiri after his first look at the course during the week.
"It was 10 degrees hotter and 10 times undulating than my home course (PGC)," he said.
"It's just hard physically because the slope is so steep and beats you up. It feels like someone's holding you down.
"But it's fun out there. I'm used to the length and it makes the golf course what it is."

No comments: